Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Trivial Pursuit?

The question is whether my mission to learn French is or is not a fruitless endeavor. Well, oddly enough last night Trivial Pursuit answered that question for me. Me and 3 others butted heads in a game of Trivial Pursuit- Junior Edition. If it had been Genus Edition they would've been eating the dust kicked up by the knowledge left in my wake.

They were kind to me and tried to keep the questions about l'histoire du Francais away from me. I also got to hear the question, then read it if I needed to (of course, I usually, but NOT always did). I also had my dictionary in waiting. And would you believe it, but I placed second! Fair enough that two of my questions were about characters in the Jungle Book and another was about how many original states was the US made of. mais la n'est pas la question (that's not the point). French is kinda easy, kids. Why did I take Spanish for 5 years in high school but can only order beer? Now, my French grammar is probably better after like a week here than my Spanish ever was.

However, my English is taking a serious nosedive. I have no idea how to curse anymore, so if you get any calls from me with some inappropriate uses of "fuck" and the like, give me like a week back home (or an ex-pat friend here) to get back in the swing of things.

I'm fucking out like Jenna Jameson,
SF

3 comments:

Coodence said...

Vous ne revenez à la maison jamais, scooter. Ne pas agir comme vous êtes.

Unknown said...

Why were you in highj school for 5 years?

Randi said...

Dude. Trivial Pursuit is hard.
Also? I'm submerging myself in Spanish language CDs whilst driving and find it to be quite effective. Muy efectivo.